Friday, July 30, 2010

What Would You Do? I Cried My Eyes Out!

Just watched "What Would You Do?" On ABC. I'm crying my eyes out. Summary: Rich woman falls, everyone helps. Homeless man falls, no one helps except another homeless woman. She waits with the man for 20 minutes, comforting him and even giving him a name to keep him with us. She calls out for help so much, but no one listens. After 88 people walk by, finally a woman stops and calls ambulance. Even after all that. The woman walked away without wanting to be on camera. Just the fact that she stayed with the man when no one else would.

Seriously, what  is wrong with people? Are people so arrogant and self-absorbed that they are completely unwilling to move their fingers a couple of inches to dial 911? Here in Hamtramck I've seen people fall on the street, and I've seen groups of people calling 911 at the same time. Some people even having no fear of trying to revive a person or make them more comfortable. I believe that people are generally good, but maybe this is changing on a rapid pace.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home